Motorcyclists in Florida should purchase insurance coverage for motorcycles in addition to regular vehicle insurance. Regular vehicle insurance will provide you with PIP or other coverages, but does not always cover your motorcycle. Although some policies may cover your bike to a certain extent, often the policy neglects some very necessary coverage. We can help you find out exactly what your existing vehicle insurance covers for motorcyclists.
Why You Should Purchase Motorcycle Insurance
Although liability insurance is not mandatory for motorcycle drivers until after they have caused an accident, Florida motorcyclists are required to purchase and keep motorcycle liability insurance for three years once they have been found responsible for such an accident; the motorcyclist will forfeit his or her license should the law not be obeyed. Since 2000, the state requires helmet use by riders under age 21 and anyone that does not carry a minimum of $10,000 medical insurance coverage. It is also a good idea to purchase insurance for any passengers you may carry.
Programs For Every Cycle Type
- Dual Purpose
- Off Road Vehicles
- Sport Bike
- Customized Bikes
Choose the Protection That Is Right For You
- Replacement Cost Coverage
- Accessory Coverage
- Cycle Sincafety Apparel Coverage
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance Coverage
- Trip Interruption Coverage covers meals, lodging expenses and alternate transportation home if a covered loss occurs 100 miles or more from home
- Towing and Emergency Road Service will pay the charges for towing and other emergency services
- Custom Motorcycle Insurance: You can buy motorcycle insurance coverage for Trike Conversions and other customized cycles.
Motorcycle Insurance Discount
- Rider Experience Discount: Once a motorcyclist has had 2 or more years of riding experience, the cost of motorcycle insurance will decrease.
- Responsible Owner: We will reward cyclists who have been riding for a certain amount of time without filing a claim.
- Each time you renew your policy and have not filed any claims in the previous term, we’ll give you a discount.
- Multiple Cycle Discount: Insure more than one unit on the same policy and receive a discounted rate.
- Other Discount Options You May Qualify for Include:
- Association membership
- Previous insurance by another carrier
- Successful completion of a motorcycle safety course
- Fast and Reliable Claims Service
- Various Payment Options
- Free Motorcycle Insurance Quotes.